Friday, January 28, 2011

Blogging Attempt #2

I started my blogging journey kicking and screaming a few years ago on the USO Girls. My then roommate, Corn, started it to impress Acute Politics although she still denies it to this day! We all volunteered together at the DFW USO and wrote about our flag waving fun loving time supporting our troops as they passed through DFW on their RnR leave. Then things changed. First, Corn met an Airman, and moved away and married him. Then I was picked up on our blog by TSO from This Aint Hell, we met at the milblog convention in Vegas and married 2 years later. He even proposed on his blog so needless to say I have a special place in my heart for blogs. That just left my best friend Jamie as the lone USO Gal to try and keep up with all our 6 adoring followers. She opted to disband our 3 time milbloggie runner up USO Girls blog and march off into the sunset of her own blog, which is going to be awesome and I can't wait to read everyday!

I've moved around a lot over the years, I've spent most of my life in the great state of Texas and if it weren't for the love of my life I'd still be there. When TSO swept me off my feet he magically whisped me away to...Indianapolis...which I am actually really liking (it's no Texas, but lets face it there is no substitute) except for one thing...It hasn't stopped snowing since Thanksgiving and everyone keeps telling me it's not going to stop until March! I don't know how people have survived here for so many years, don't they know that the end of January is supposed to be 60 and sunny?

I just can't believe I still have to wear a coat!

5 comments:

  1. It was so warm and sunny here I had to turn on my air conditioner! I'm sorry, that was mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i got married, i moved from sunny Southern California where i grew up to cold, rainy, snowing, uber-weird Oregon. its been culture shock ever since. i GET the whole coat thing! best of luck on the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, I'm glad your blogging.

    Secondly, you're spreading lies about me again. UNCOOL red penny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. suuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bahahahaha and <3 from Acute Politics' little sister.

    ReplyDelete